Trying to conceive, PCOD, irregular periods. Follicular study, no ovulation. Yasmin birth control safe?

I m 21 yrs old.i am a pcod patient.i got married last year...I have irregular periods ...I am using obimet for pcod...last month I did follicular study...but found no ovulation ..dr prescribed me to take yasmine tablet... I read in net that Yasmin tablet is for birth control . I have a doubt that if I take Yasmin tablet then will it affect me from becoming pregnant. I want to be pregnant immediately. Please help me.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012