Trying to conceive. Nausea, brown discharge, bloating. Negative HCG blood test. What do you recommend?

Hi Dr Grief, I m a mother of a 3yr old & we re trying to get pregnant with our second, but not sure if i could possibly be pregnant despite tests taken (most recently this morning) that show negative. I had been having regular periods of 28days & had a normal period on 17th Jan that lasted the usual 4-5days. We then calculated that i would be ovulating around the 31st of Jan, having sex over the week or so that spanned this date. On 9th Feb, I had sudden cramping & slight bloating & started bleeding - at first i thought it may be implantation bleeding with it starting off as brown discharge , but it continued for 4 days & was bright red. I went to the Drs & a HCG blood test came back negative. We decided to relax on planning so much & had sex every 2nd or 3rd day for the next couple of weeks after that bleed finished. I m experiencing the same nausea that i remember from my first & have been feeling like this for the last 3days & I ve noticed my smell sensitivity & craving for certain foods is heightened. I don t know whether to count the last bleed as a start date of the next cycle or not, but if so i m coming up to a week late. I m tossing up whether to have another blood test now or just wait to see if my period resumes on it s normal cycle & returns in the next few days... the way i m feeling just has me convinced despite the tests being negative - what do you recommend? Nicole
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013