Trying to conceive. Missing periods and started spotting. HPT negative. Any advice?

Hi, I am 27 years old and planning for a baby. I skipped my periods this month (Jan) my last period was on 6th of December however as the usual routine I get 6 days early then the actual date according to which I should get it on around 2nd of Jan or 3rd of Jan. I did urine pregnancy test at home which resulted negative. However from past 4/5 days I have spotting. Please advice me what should I do. Is this a sign of pregnancy.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013