Trying to conceive. Missed periods, having cramps and hip pain, spotting. Is it a normal period?

Trying to conceive. Period was due May 11th and yesterday May 14 I started having severe cramps and hip pains. Then when I went to the restroom I had what is similar to my period but its bright red and it only happens when I get really bad cramps and go to the restroom, I have a pad on but its clean. The blood is bright red with tiny clots and it looks like if theres a clear slimy goo to it. Is it just my normal period, I m kind of worried as I miscarried almost a year ago.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012