Trying to conceive. Have irregular periods. Low progesterone levels. Norethisterone prescribed. Medication effect?

I am trying to conceive for 6 months, and I am having irregular cycle, lasting 36 days in average. I went to see a doctor and I made a hormones screening test. My progesterone level was abnormally low like for the time the test was done (17th day of cycle). Other hormones showed normal level. The doctor gave me norethisterone 5mg to take them from 10th to 25th day of cycle once a day. I need an advice from second professional person about the effect this medicine would cause, before start taking it..?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013