Trying to conceive. Had symptoms of pregnancy, HPT negative. What is stopping my pregnancy?

In the past month or so I have had every symptom of being pregnant!! However when I take a HPT it comes up negative! Now the last two I have taken have had faint lines in the beginning and then gradually disappear!! My husband I have been trying for two years and we really want to be pregnant! I have the feeling I am I just can t seem to get a positive test result!!!
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
If you had been regularly menstruating, and all other factors that can impair pregnancy have been excluded, I suggest that you go for a blood test followed by a sonogram. It so happens that HPTs cannot give a positive test sometimes as they are not so sensitive. Consult a gynecologist for further suggestions. Good luck.