Trying to conceive. Had spotting, sore breasts and nausea. Pregnancy test report negative. When should I test next?

My partner and I are trying to conceive. I was on birth control but quit taking it in Novemeber of 2012. That is also when I had my last period. I had spotting about a week and a half ago. My partner and I have been intimate since Saturday night. Since then, my breats have become extremely sore, I am nauseated, and really fatigued. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it said negative. Do you think I tested too soon? I don t know when to try because of my irregular cycle.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013