Trying to conceive. Had creamy brown discharge on wiping, blood clots in urine, nothing on liner. Cause?

I am trying to conceive, yesterday my period was due however it didn t come. I wiped two times to creamy light brown discharge . Today I woke up, there was nothing. This afternoon I saw blood clots in the toilet after urinating and wiped, again light brown creamy discharge. Now about an hour ago, I wiped and it was bright pink. Nothing on a liner. I m really confused, my periods are really pretty normal with dark red flow.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
May 2013
Alteration in the menstrual cycles and in menstrual flow can occur due to many causes.
Hormonal imbalance, thyroid abnormalities, change in hemoglobin levels, stress and strain, weight changes etc multiple factors can influence the menstrual cycles.
So possibly this spotting can turn into menstrual flow.
If you are having doubt regarding pregnancy, once go for blood test for pregnancy.
If the test comes negative, the spotting could be starting of menstrual flow.
And in the next cycle, you can try for the pregnancy.
If the test comes positive, once consult gynecologist and get examined to rule out impending miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shoaib Khan's  Response
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Well a brown discharge is considered normal when seen at the beginning or end if a period, otherwise it is considered a sign of an infection or a miscarriage. Please report to a doctor if you have experienced or are experiencing symptoms of either an infection or pregnancy.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.