Trying to conceive. Dark brown spotting. Implantation bleeding? Have cramps

Hello, I have been trying for a baby. Looking at an ovulation and fertility calender cycle it said that implantation should happen around now (I normally come on my period around 6th of each month). For the last 2 days I had very dark brown spotting with some slimey discharge (Sorry for being so graphic!) There was hardly any pain so I took this as implantation. Tonight and today however, I have started having cramps and now the blood has turned bright red. Does this mean that implantation has failed?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013