Trying to conceive. Advised progynova. Is it safe?

Hi doc, i am planning to get pregnant and my ob advice me to take progynova 2mg on the first day or my menstrual, i did looking for the abouts of the meda and it is written that progynova should NOt take by women who arr pregnant and planning to get pregnant! It is safe for me still to take the progynova?
Thanks and hope to hear response from you the soonest
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
It is true that estrogen supplements are to be avoided in pregnancy. Their use prior to pregnancy is based on the specification of the consultant as to the need for use. If there is the utmost necessity for endometrial proliferation prior to ovulation, they need to be used. Otherwise, the embryo may fail to implant. So, your doctor is the better judge. Vaginal suppositories or patches may be sued instead of oral medication for reduced systemic effects. Hope you find this information useful. Take care.