Trying for baby, have spotting, nausea, strong cramps, tiredness, frequent urination. When should I take a pregnancy test?

Hi dr. I need some advice. My last period started on 26 dec and finished 31 dec. Married for 2yrs and had a miscarriage in nov 2011. We trying for a baby so I calculated my ovulation cycle which was 4-9 jan. I thought I was getting my period yesterday then realized its a week early. Then I realized only light brown discharge yesterday and today but no period. Feeling nauseas, strong cramps , could not fall asleep last night,extremely tired and urinated 3 times during the night and often during the day. When can I take a pregnancy test to make sure? Should I wait if I get my period? Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013