Trying for baby, have read about usefulness of folic acid. Can I buy folic acid tablet without prescription?

I got married before 5 months. We are trying for a baby and we come to know that if we take folic acid related food items, it will be very helpful to improve the possibility to conceive. Also, the folic acid will be very helpful to baby s health and avoid down syndrome . Please suggest that can we take the folic acid as a tablet? If so, please suggest the name of the tablet. Also, let us know that can we purchase the folic acid tablet directly on medical shop or we should have a appropriate prescription. Many thanks in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012