Trying for baby. Been sexually active. When can we expect a baby?

Hi. My hubby and I are trying for baby number 5. I,ve been on the mini pill for a few years roughly 6. I stopped taking it last month and was wondering if it can delay getting pregnant again for a while. Have been very sexually active this month around and during ovulation so fingers crossed. But can we expect it to take a few months or can ikt happen straight away. Thankyou.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013

Since you had an unprotected intercourse at the time of ovulation, chances of conceiving is high.
I recommend you to wait for your periods.
Get a urine pregnancy test done 1 week following missed periods. UPT is 98% sensitive when it is done 1 week following missed periods.
You can also get a transvaginal ultrasound to be more sure.
Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to health care magic forum. As you was for a long time on oral contraceptives, the traces of the drug may be left in the body for quite some time, but duration of the delay no one can pridect. It is not compulsory that it will take time you may become pregnant in the next month it self.
Though you are in fertile stage, it is always better to be in touch with the gynaecologist, for examination.
Besides i advise you to follow some diet recommendations as take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts, fruits , juices, egg, meat, and sea foods to provide the body with iron, proteins, vitamins , minerals, and anti oxidants necessory for the body to perform normal functions successfully.
Wishing for a quick and immediate fulfilment of your urge, and thanks forn calling.

Anonymous's Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

With a history of previous conceptions -"it can happen straight away"
It is just a question of chance

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck