Trying for a baby, tried ovulation strips, cramps. Shall we continue?

hi dr.well we are trying for our first baby and i have tried the ovulation strips and i got no smiley face and i used 14 sticks!!1 week before my period i always get cramp like pains thinking i m ovulating but it came out negetive on my ov strips..and we did have sex during the those is it possible to ovulate 1 week before my period??i m usually 28day cycle but last month it was 31 days.this month i have started testing on day 7 and i will continue on..cant wait to see a smiley face..
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013