Trying for a baby, missed periods, HPT, blood test negative. Advised Duphaston pills, had brown spotting. Am I pregnant ?

HI, I am 28 year old female with regular period with cycle between 29-30 days. We have been trying for baby for past 7 months or so. All this 7 month i have regular period. But last month i had my period started 1st of jan and today is 10th Feb, i was suppose to have my first day of period on 1st of feb as per my cycle. I consulted doctor and my blood test is showing negative. Doctor did ultra sound and their is no cyst formation and everything is normal. Doctor said that i am not pregnant and advise me to have Duphaston tablets for 5 days (twice a day), she told me you will get period after having the tablets. This is first day of consuming tablet and i can see brown spot. I am confused as i have read somewhere that brown spot is sign of pregnancy. It has never happened that i have missed my date for 10 days....Will appreciate your help/advise on knowing what it is all about and am i pregnant ?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013