Trying for a baby from ast 2 years. can I go on it without having a period ?

I was dianoised with hypothyroidism last july and been on the medicine for about 5 months now. before i went on the medicine i always had my monthly for like months and months straight. then after being on the medicine i had it for 10 days straight. my last menstrual period was on dec. 26, 2008. i havent gotten it since. ive been trying to have a baby now for 2yrs and still no luck. i had a pelvic infection 7 yrs ago. if i want to go on birth control , can I go on it without having a period ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009