Try to self harm in order to get away with the pain due to sexual abuse at an young age. How can I get over it?

i was sexuly abused into i was 5 im now almost 18 years old old will i ever get over it. i confart eat or use to salf harm my self to deail with the pain and now im at the stage of 14 stone but is there anyother way to deail with the pain. i use to talk to my ex boyfriend about it all but we dont talk to eachother anyone so i feel like i am on my own and it was my falt that i was sexuly aboused is there any think els that works to get over the pain please help me get over the pain so i can get on with it safely
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I am sorry to hear about your past history of abuse. It is not uncommon to have these feeling of guilt surrounding sexual abuse. However I suggest that you seek qualified psychiatric or psychological help to better manage and deal with your pain.

I hope this helps. Take care.