Troubled sleep, choke when I sleep, have sores and swollen ankles from wrong sleep methods. Help?

Hello. I cannot sleep in any position when lying down. My throat seems to close up and I instantly wake choking and gasping for air. Doctors I ve seen have tried to make me fit a box because it s a mystery. I ve been tested for acid reflux , sleep Apnia. Had a tube thing down my throat and quite frankly I baffle people. It s even been suggested that it s a physcological problem- nonsense! It s a physical problem with either my throat relaxing or my tongue dropping or something like that. Life can be miserable sleeping leaning over the back of a chair. I m also developing pressure sores from sitting and never lying down-ah yes and also swollen ankles. I m 68 year old male and this condition has been worsening over a period of years. Is there such a thing as a Doctor who can accept that a codition could exist which blocks off the air supply when one goes to sleep lying down. Particulaly one who understands this is very real
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013