Troubled breathing, severe asthma, shortness of breath, inability to focus. Was given ritalin SR. Suggest?

Hello, I was given a prescription of 20 mg of Ritalin SR for my inattentive add and am having trouble breathing. I'm not quite sure if it is caused by my medicine, but I'm not able to talk to my doctor currently.
I'm 15 years old, and have a history with severe asthma. Aside from the shortness of breath, the medicine greatly improves just about everything about my day to day attitude and ability to focus. Thank you so much.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013