Trouble swallowing solid food. Prescribed Rabeprazol for GERD. How long to cure completely?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am Gopu and having a problem in swallowing solid food for the past 2 days (Neither I am able to swallow nor spit and it gets struck until i drink water to get the solid food go into stomach). I am able to take liquid food (water, juice, tea etc). I have consulted the doctor( Gastroenterologist ) and undergone endoscopy and found that I have gastroesophageal reflux disease ( GERD ) . Doctor has given the medicine APO-Rabeprazol 40 mg tablet and Itoprid PMCS 50 mg for 10 days. Can you please let me know how severe it is and how long it will take to cure completely? What type of food i can have now to rectify this problem? Will it create any major problem in future? Do I need to undergo for any surgery? Thank you in advance for your answers! Best Regards, Gopu
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013