Trouble in swallowing, endoscopy, cancer in throat, high BP, pacemaker, radiation therapy, voice and throat condition worse, problem in oral intake of food

Hi,i m sudhir from patna,bihar and i want to ask about my 86 yr old father. About 10 months ago my father felt trouble in swelling any thing then he consulted different doctors and took it lightly but the problem continued.After regular trouble and no improvement he consulted ent dr. and was sent for endoscopy and after that he was found a cymptom of cancer in throat(swelling portion ).there was not visible symptoms or sign there. On Dr. s referrals he went IGIMS and after long process he was suggested for radiation . He is a High BP and Pacemaker User patient too.After 30 radiation his voice and condition became worst.Now he is taking hardly a cup of milk, liquid pulse ,or water .He is facing very difficulty in any oral intake.He speaks visperingly,says throat dried and continuously trys to spit but culd not.What can i do for him ?and how can he get comfort?Please give me your suggessions and oblige. sudhir
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012