Trouble falling asleep due to fear. Why am I scared of loneliness, dark and noises?

Recently i had an issue with fear. early one around 4:30 in the morning i woke from a sound sleep . I could not fall back to sleep due to a serious fear to every little sound i heard, like house creeks and other house settling sounds. The next day all day long i had an anxiety type feeling. The for the next 6 days after that I feared everything, every little noise made me jump and get chills, I was constantly on edge, had a weird feeling that someone was going to jump out of the dark and get me like paranoia , and got no sleep. It was almost like i was a child again, scared of the dark, being alone, strange noises, and im 28 yrs old. It got so back so bad i couldnt do my job. On day 7 i woke up 100% normal. What happened to me?
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012