Tried to stop fall with hands while soccer. How can I deal with wrist pain?

I was playing football and i fell, i tried stopping my fall with my hand and i landed on my hand. After that my hand went numb for a little bit. Now its not numb but when i move my wrist it hurts ontop of my wrist and one third the way up my forearm . I cannot apply pressure to anything with an open palm, but if i use a fist to push on somthing it doesnt hurt at all.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012

I have studied your case.

As per your history there is possibility of TFCC/ligament injury at wrist.

It may subside with time.
Pain indicates inflammatory process or nerve compression.
I will advise you to do MRI and Ultrasound of wrist.
Till time you can start analgesic and crepe bandage support.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.