Tried to reduce the dosage of topral XL got symptoms like headache, nausea and feeling sick. Doctor told to maintain the dose even though no heart problem. Will I be able to get off this drug?

I have weaned myself off Toprol XL down to 6.25mg every day. When I tried to cut that further, I get what I feel like is flu-like symptoms- headache , nausea , sick-feeling all over. When I take an additional amount of Toprol XL, I feel slightly better after an hour or two. This has been a 10 month journey. When I discussed this with my doctor, he said my body needs that amount of Toprol XL, and I should stay on a maintenance amount of Toprol XL, even though I have no heart problems. How do I get off this drug? I have already tried weaning down. Why is this happening? Thanks ks
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012