Tried physical therapy for hip pain. X-ray shows possible bursitis. Cause of pain and coldness?

I have had pain in my hip on and off for 2 years. tried physical therapy a few times. 4 days ago hip pain became severe. I couldn t find a position to ease itand could not sleep. Went to urgent care got x rays said osteo arthritus possible bursitus and a smudge that showed in multiple images. ortho appt in 7 days. given hydrocodone and muscle relaxer. med helps but does not eliminate pain. now throbbing in foot and it is cold all the time. Ideas of what could be causing pain and coldness and Should I be seen sooner? I am 40 year old healthy active normal weight.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012