Triangular bruise on back, at spinal base, no injury, spent time in water. Causes?

I noticed a triangular bruise on my 13 year old son s back, right at the base of his spine . He said it doesn t hurt and he doesn t remember getting hit by anything. He did spend the day in the ocean today. We are on vacation and are trying to determine if we should get it looked at or if it can wait until we get home.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at hcm
bruise in the back of neck can be due to trauma you might not have noticed .
if there is any symptoms of headache , vomiting , weakness of limbs visit er and get ct scan neck done that will rule out any problem