Tremors in fingers, essential tremor. Prescribed citalopram, vibrania, causes sleep disorders. Treatment?

hello doctor, I am a 51 yr old businesswoman from india. I have a problem of tremors(even when they are not moving) in the fingers of my both hands. i have shown it to neurologists, they tell me that this condition is known as essential tremor . they advised me to decrease my dose of thyronorm( thyroxine tablets to 50microgram/day). but its been months now that too dint help. I cant take beta blockers like propranolol as it worsens my asthma. another neurologist gave me vibrania(multivitamin) tablets and low dose antidepressant( citalopram ) to start with as i have a problem with my sleep onset . Just wanted a second opinion that what should i do? thanks
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012