Treatment for lip infection done, persisting tightness in lips on not using blistex type balm. Recovery time?

I had a lip infection that went away approx. 2 weeks ago using muciporin. It took me approx 4 weeks to figure out what it was and get to a doctor. Started around last week of October. My lips still feel a little tight if I do not use a blistex type balm. Just wondering how long should it take to get back to normal. When the infection was near the end, my lips shed the upper layer of skin. I am figuring they still are in the healing phase and just want to take care of them the best way possible as the infection was horrible!
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012