Treatment for infected,swollen and painful abscess in the groin area

Hello, I am 31 years old, about 290 lbs and I m 5 8. I just found out I m hypertension , i m allergic to peanuts and fresh fruit. Two years ago I had an abcess located in the groin area. I was a inpatient for a week because the abcess was badly infected to the point that I couldn t even walk. It was drained, it healed and now its back in the same spot. My abcess is infected, swollen, and a little painful. I recently went to the hospital and the doctor said that he can t make an excision because no head is visible. I got a prescription for two meds,AMOX-CLAV 875MG and SULFAMETH/TRIMETHOPRIN 800/160 tabs. What can I do to help treat and prevent this abcess. Should I stop shaving?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012