Treatment for dysahrtria

I want to know for dysahrtria which treatment and which medicament a person must to take
Asked On : Thu, 26 Aug 2010

Dysarthria is a disorder of speech. Usually there is some neurological injury that causes Dysarthria.

Speech Therapy and Voice Treatments are usually the treatments of choice. If the cause of dysarthria is some temporary neurological deficit, then it makes sense to treat that deficit primarily.

There are newer techniques and devices available these days. One example is the use of communication devices which help synthesize speech. You will get more information about this relevant to your area if you speak with a Speech Therapist.

Hope this helps.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD