Treatment for achalasia cardia

iam 73 yrs. suffering from achalasia cardia . any treatment in alternative medicine
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
medications that help to relax the lower esophageal sphincter include groups of drugs called nitrates, for example, isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil) and calcium channel blockers, for example, nifedipine (Procardia) and verapamil (Calan). Although some patients with achalasia, particularly early in the disease, have improvement of symptoms with medications, most do not.The lower esophageal sphincter also may be treated directly by forceful dilation.The sphincter also can be cut surgically, a procedure called esophagomyotomy.
consult general surgeon.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.Medical treatment is ineffective.Only surgical ( HELLER) myomectomy offers lasting relief and can now be performed laproscopically with minimal complications.Good luck.
Homeopath Dr. Anshita Singh Rathore's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

Achalsia Cardia is an autoimmune disorder, where the oesophageal sphincter doesn no open when it is supposed to , ie when food enters the food pipe.

Symptoms may vary from person to person and severity of illness.

You havent mentioned, the duration of ur illness , severity of ur disease. and treatment you have taken till now. So for now I can say that, yes there is treatment for this condition, but the prognosis depends on above mentioned factors.

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
there is relaxation of the LES muscle resulting in reflux of stomach acid,so:
1.avoid citrus fruits
2.avoid fats and food which require longer time to digest to caffeine and overeating
4.avipattikar churan 1gm
saubhagya shunthi pak 1gm after meals
5.patoladi kwath with honey in morning