Treatment for ITP Immune Thrompbocytopenic Purpura

is there any cure for idiopathic or immune thrompbocytopenic purpura?

Asked On : Fri, 29 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response
hey yooo!!! i had ITP as a child and i dont have it anymore, i went through it for 6 months as a 9 year old, i went through many different medications.. i went through IV-IG(4 rounds), rhogam, windrow, steroids(mega dose, 4 in the morning, 3 1/2 at night, it made me quite fat but im over that, they were to suppress my immune system)(predisone), (they had to give me prilosec to keep the steroids from giving me stomach ulcers). and before the steroids, i had a bone marrow biopsy to make sure it wasnt leukemia. they also gave me a pickline to put in a medicine called rutixmav, it was an outpatient, 4-week treatment. it worked, its awesome. im 13 now and very healthy. and when children with chronic ITP(especially girls around the time they get their period) can get lupus, and they should get tested then.
  Anonymous's Response

There is no cure I belive but you shoud have to get being treated like Diabetes and BP thats what I have heard. Idiopathic, I googled and found out that it means unknown cause.