Treatment for Hepatitis C

My brother recently identified HCV positive, the blood report has arrived and he has 349 (range 0-140). What treatment should we start first.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Jul 2010
,  
You should go and get your brother examined by a doctor and do not go far self medication. He needs a well planned treatment and the dose and strength of medications would be decided according to his build and personality. Also some other tests as Liver function Tests would be required in his case.
U SHUD B CLEAR ABT THE INVESTIGATIONS ... THE FIGURE 349 IS FOR WHAT ? HCV IS ABAD INFECTION ....IT CHRONICALLY RESIDES IN LIVER .... THERE ARE NEWER TREATMENTS IN THE FORM OF INTRFERONS AND RIBAVIRIN --- THEY R QUITE EFFECTIVE