• Your father’s creatinine
level and BUN level is within normal range. Control of blood pressure and increase in HB level may help in large extent.
• All individuals with a Glomerular filtration rate (GFR) less than 60 mL/min/1.73 m2 for 3 months are classified as having chronic kidney disease
• The decision to initiate dialysis
in patients with renal failure
can depend on several factors.your nephrologists will tell you in detail.
• Chronic indications for dialysis:
? Symptomatic renal failure
? Low glomerular filtration rate (GFR) (RRT often recommended to commence at a GFR of less than 10-15 mls/min/1.73m2)
• Difficulty in medically controlling serum phosphorus or anaemia when the GFR is very low
• Fluids may be restricted, often to an amount equal to the volume of urine produced. Restricting the amount of protein in the diet may slow the build up of wastes in the blood and control associated symptoms such as nausea and vomiting
.Always use water,curd,buttermilk,tea,coffee,juice,within a recommended quantity of liquid.
• Foods to be avoided
Salt, potassium, phosphorus, and other electrolytes may be restricted.Barley,ragi,root vegetables,pulses,dry fruits,fruit juices,coconut water,pastry items,jams,raw onions,greens,orange,sweetlime.
• Foods to be included:
(Food items which are low in potassium)
Include brinjal,cauliflower,beans,ladies finger,carrot watermelon in a restricted amount.
Consult a dietician for detail diet plan