Treated with sulfa drug for UTI. Why do I still have symptoms of frequent urination and pressure?

Hi Dr. I was diagnoses with a UTI over a month ago. Treated with sulfa drug...first course didn t work, second course ended in hives . Still had symptoms, so they cultured me, started macro bid....changed mid-stream to Cipro once the lab results were in. 4 days of cipro did not alleviate symptoms. They added 3 more days of cipro (but at a lower dose..500mg). STILL have symptoms (mostly uncomfortable pressure, frequent urination ...still feels like I have to go after urinating...not really burning, but painful). Today, a culture was negative for bacteria...still have symptoms and now my abdomen is distended terribly. Dr. prescribed something for the symptoms (makes my pee orange) and told me to go to a urologist (which I plan to do next week). Help?:)
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012