Treated respiratory infection with albuteral and prednisone. Greenish sputum still present with pain in the ribs

I was very sick for approximately eight weeks with a respitory infection. Over this time frame I was treated with prednisone (5,10 mg pills per day for 7 days) albuteral ( complete with nebulizer 4 times daily) taken off of all that after 3 days and given 2 z packs and an inhaler of something else. After the Z packs were gone and I was still sick, I was given an injection of antibiotic and another z pack. During the entire time I had the worst cough I have ever had. My cough is almost gone, I'm bringing up a little dark green sputum every so often but my problem is my rib cage. It is hurting so badly under both breasts and across my upper mid back. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to relieve the pain even just a little. It's so ad I can't sleep.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013