Treated pelvic infection with antibiotics. Going through perimenopause. Increasing endometrial lining. Cancer?

I am 42. Been in peri menopause phase for 5 years. In 2010 I went 11 months without a period. In 2011 I had 3 periods and went from Sept 2011 to August 2012 without a period. I recently had a pelvic infection and was treated with antibiotics. No std s and no idea how. Regardless at that time my endometrial lining was 12 mm and I got my period 2 weeks later for the first time in 11 months. Went back for follow up yesterday and it was 16mm. My dr wants to do a biopsy and I m worried because I m supposed to be moving in 2 weeks. Besides cancer what else can cause this? Can it be hormonal and all the changes happening? I ve always had problems starting with endometriosis 24 years ago. Please help
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012