Treated for tonsilitis. Started to hurt after smoking. Due to smoking or weak antibiotics?

Two weeks ago i went to the doctor because my right tonsil was swollen, painful to swallow , white spots and hoarse voice. They had said I had tonislities and was treated for it for 10 days on amoxicillin . Was feeling better and know today after smoking three cigarettes it started to hurt again and is swollen. Could the cigarettes have irritated the tonsil or could it be that hasnt gone away completely and may need a stronger antibiotic?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012