Treated for swimmers ear. Had minor drainage. What was the white bump there?

i was treated for swimmers ear at a minute clinic about 2 months ago and it has never really gotten better. I have some minor drainage and often the ear feels blocked, pain etc... I keep thinking it will get better on its own. Yesterday the bone behind the ear started to hurt quite badly so I went to my PC. She saw a white bump on my ear drum and said she saw some fluid. She perscribed ear drops again and when I mentioned the bad pain behind my ear she referred me to an ENT. I hope to see the specialist this week. Any idea what this is? Ear infection that has gotten worse??
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012