Treated for pneumonia. Back from hospital. On medicines, no fever. How long does it take to gain back strength?

I have an elderly parent who just came home from a near 5-day hospital stay treated for pneumonia . The pneumonia was in one lung at the bottom as I believe I was told. I would have preferred that she say a few days longer in the hospital. She has had severe asthma since a child, but manages very well using Advir - much better than 10/15 years ago. She has been on antibiotics for five days (since Saturday) intravenously, now will take pills from home. I am concerned that she is very week. She has not had any fever since her first day in the hospital which hopefully is a good sign, right? I realize that it takes time to gain your strength back, but am hopeful that if she stays in bed and does little activities that perhaps this will work. How long can we expect until her strength is gained? She seems to be sleeping better at home. What signs or symptoms should we watch for that would cause a re-visit back to the hospital?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012