Treated for clymida, had sex causing swelling in vagina with itching, taking Doxycline tablet. Suggestion?

Hi i treated my self for clymida as i had sex with somebody i knew was infected i shouldnt of had sex until i was of the tablets but had sex with another partner on saturday since then my vigina has swollen a little bit and is weeping and ichy n ittitable i think it has torn and bit n i do suffer from bv some times im stil taking doxycline tablets but the weeping n irritation has not gone please help
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Hello ma'am.

Let me start by saying that sexual intercourse is only allowed at least 7 days after completion of treatment.

There are 2 reasons why this advise is given:
1. The affected individual can transmit the infection to their partner
2. Sexual intercourse can aggravate the infection and cause a delay or even failure in treatment

Your problem is quite clear. You have gone back and prolonged your treatment time. I only wish intercourse was protected, if not please advise your partner to get tested and treated accordingly.

Continue with the same treatment and please abstain from all forms of sexual contact till at least 7 days after the last dose of medication.

Hope this helps.