Treated for chest pain and BP. Why does her sugar remain high? Insulin?

Dear Sir , My mother ( 76 years of age ) who is just discharged from ICCU ( admitted on 10th of August & Discharged on 15 th of august after completion of 5 days course ) as she was getting chest pain and her BP (210 ) had gone high & sugar ( 300 ) too , after treatment she is not getting any chest pain & her heart beats & BP is also normal but sugar is stable on the higher side at around 230 which in last few days was fluctuating from 190 - 250 . She was given insulin to bring down the sugar but from last 3 days she is on tablets . What would you advise in this scenario. my email id is - YYYY@YYYY 0000
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012