Treated for UTI with macrobid, had periods during this. After periods, cramping in muscle on vagina. Advise?

I was treated for a UTI last week with Macrobid for 5 days. During the 5 days my menstrual period started and ended. I have continued traces of blood in my urine now 3 days after the last day of my period. In addition to the bleeding I have continuous cramping in a muscle on the inner part of my vagina (contraction like pain that often stops me in my tracks). The cramping has been around for years but occurs more often the past few months. It used to "cramp" about 4 times a year, now I "cramp" once a week. Do you have any advice?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Vaginal pain could be caused due to muscle spasms, any infection, or any sexual abuse. Blood in urine could be bleeding from the vaginal wall which can also present with spasmodic type of pain. I suggest Tab Meftal spas thrice daily for two days. Drink lots of water to flush out any remaining infection in the urinary tract. Keep the genital area clean and dry. If bleeding and pain does not reduce, get a urine analysis with culture sensitivity done. Get a prescription for appropriate antibiotics based on the test results. Get a detailed gynecological examination done to rule out causes of vaginal pain.
Thanks.