Treated for PTB. Now X-ray shows fibrohazy densities in both upper lobe. No symptoms. Need medication. Result meaning?

hi doctor, i wa treated with ptb, and every year i have my clearance and xray for my self worth. i got my job last september , and all of my test are except from the scar i got from my 2005 medication they hired me since my sputum is negative, now i had my xray this april 2013 almost 6months ago from my pre employment medical exam and i had wierd xray result fibrohazy densities in both upper lobe but from the time i had my last xray i never experienced any symptoms, impression is ptb both upper lobe, do i still need medication, what does that result means?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Healed lesions leave indelible cause for concern
If there is an increase in the size or distribution of the opacity - you need further investigation (blood tests, sputum and so on) for its activity... Pulmonologist is the one to do this...Absence of symptom does not mean absence of disease in such situation. The need for medication must be decided by the treating doctor - there are Pulmonologists exclusively specialised in the field...
It may be dangerous to skip treatment - if advised. It is a curable condition

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM
After going through your history, you have suffered PTB which was successfully treated with complete course for more than 6 months.
Even after healing of PTB these scar in apex of lungs persist, there is no treatment required.
These X ray can be compared and other parameters like clinical examination and other tests like CBC ESR and sputum test are taken in consideration before treating such case.
If you do not have any symptoms like cough,Sputum,Fever, loss of appetite and weight loss then you do not need to worry.
Reactivation of PTB is possible specially if there is any condition which reduces immunity in your case it seems unlikely.
If doubt take opinion of local Physician,
Good Luck