Trauma to big toe, separated from nail bed. Should I trim this down or can it grow back normally?

I have trauma to my big toe and it turned very purple. Now, it has separated from the nail bed completely on one side but remains attached at the cuticle and on one side. I would say 50% is detached. Should I trim this down or can it grow back normally without trimming all the way down to where it s still attached? I have no pain from this but have noticed a terrible smell. I have started using anti fungal spray which seems to have corrected this. Also, would it be good to soak the foot in warm water and epsom salt?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012