Training for a marathon, pain in arch, reddish bruise in navicular bone. Treatment options?

I am training for my first full marathon. I have been pain free until today while completing a 14 mile run. I started feeling pain in my arch at about the 12th mile. I took an ice bath following my run and later noticed a small reddish colored bruise on my left navicular bone . I can walk with minimal pain. How can I treat this before it s too late? Do I need to change my running shoes, my socks or get an insert?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012