Tragus tenderness, redness in ear, pain, inflamed parotid gland, keflex. Parotid?

I have tragal tenderness. A PA looked 2 days ago and said she saw some redness in you inner ear , but it is not infected . She said it was an inflamed parotid gland and advised warm soaks and eat lemon candy. She have me a RX for keflex if it gets worse . It did- more pain , all the way down my cheek . But with kelfex, I m back to tragal temderness only. Might it be the parotid? Or something else? Will keflex fix it all?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012