Tragus pierced, swelling, pain, fever, nausea. History of diabetes. Cure for infection?

My daughter got her tragus pierced. It is swollen and painful she went to the doctor yesterday evening and was given antibiotics . The doctor wants to take the piercing out but everything we ve read says not to remove the piercing. This morning she has a low grade fever, swelling and pain, and nausea . As an added bonus, she has type I diabetes . Should the piercing be removed or do we just ride out the infection with the antibiotics?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012