1. it seems that it is L5 (lumbar vertebrae
5) as opposed to 15.
2. you haven't mentioned about your age and sex, since in females secondary Osteoporosis
also has to be taken into account while managing rehab.
3. any features of tingling or numbness in legs,bladder bowel dysfunction??, this will cause thigh and leg pain if 'STENOSIS' is there,due to venous stasis in the spine causing congestion in the nerve roots and causing Sciatica Pain, thus treatment should also touch the sciatica part.
4. because compression # is there, bed rest is must BUT make sure you change position after 1-2 hours to prevent bed sores.(seek assistance/help of others)
5. encourage deep breathing to prevent pneumonia
6. feeding should be done in sitting position and by self.
7. take protein supplements
and avoid food which causes diarrhea
8. sponge yourself every day with a wet towel followed by dry towel, followed by eau-de-colone and talcum powder and move all the limb joints through full range motion. (if possible)
9. You can consult for Posterior surgery with your doctor, lately.