Traction treatment, severe pain, gait changes, types of rehab for crushed I5 ?

what types of rehab are adequate for a crushed l5? I am seeing a Chiropractor and he is treating me with traction, this eases the pain significantly...I wish i could keep doing this but financially it all adds up. I have severe pain constantly and would like a home remedy . I tried yoga , but the bending forward does not work at all for me--too painful!! I know i need to go in when my legs and my gait change... I would love to be pain free!!
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012