I am sorry to hear of your toxic shock
. Normally, toxic shock occurs after wearing tampons for too long. Your experience with the toxic shock has given you bad memories associated with tampons which is what caused the experience that you describe above.
You had an anxiety
attack because when you were using the tampons in the past you had the toxic shock. I would advise that you do not use tampons for a while and then go back to them when you are comfortable again.
You do not need any medication at this time. If you start running a fever
and become genuinely ill, go see your family physician.